Custom Search

Wedding Announcement

Monday, September 15, 2008

Mini Treat Bag

Read on to find out how to make them! ~ credit to prairiepaperandink.typepad.com

I started with a Medium Glassine bag (at 25 for $3 they work out to 12 cents each)
I cut the bag so that it was about 2.5" high.










Using my Scor-pal I scored the sides and bottom of the bag - 1/2" from each edge.
It helps if after you score you fold the score lines back and forth a couple of times with these types of bags - it makes the next step easier.









Open the bag and shape it on the fold lines - there will be two little triangle tabs on the bottom - fold them under and adhere them in place with mini glue dots.
Then set the bag aside.












Next take a piece of cardstock (here I used PTI's Kraft CS) cut to 2.5" x 8.5" and score it twice - 3.75" in from each edge.
After that I used my Stampin' Up! Word Window Punch to punch "handles" in each end.



To decorate my treat bag I stamped the web from Spooky Sweets II set in white pigment ink, and the bat from the Spooky Sweets set with black ink.








I created a fun little label for the bag using the Spooky Sweets set, oval nestabilities dies, black and Summer Sunrise ink, and orange glitter.










To adhere the glassine bag to the cardstock "cover" - use 2 strips of strong adhesive (I use Red liner tape) cut 5" long. After peeling off the liner adhere the bottom of the glassine bag first then fold up the sides so that they adhere to the bag as well.


Here's a side view of the finished bag. I adhered the label with dimensionals and tied on some Summer Sunrise Grosgrain ribbon.








Blinkie Graphics Generator at TextSpace.net

No comments:

Labels