What You Need:
2 12-inch lengths of 1-5/8-inch-wide crepe paper
Sewing thread and needle
4-1/2-inch-long cardboard tube
Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
8-1/2 x 11-inch sheet each of two coordinating scrapbook papers
Scissors: large scallop-edge and other small decorative-edge
Computer and printer
20-inch length of 1/2-inch-wide ribbon
Small bag of candy or tiny gift
1. Use sewing thread to sew running stitches along one long edge of each length of crepe paper. Pull the thread ends to gather a crepe paper length to fit around each open end of the cardboard tube. Hot-glue the gathered edge of the crepe paper to the tube.
2. Cut a 4-1/2 x 8-inch rectangle of scrapbook paper using the large scallop-edge scissors. Wrap the paper rectangle around the tube and secure with double-sided tape, covering the gathered edge of the crepe paper.
3. Type the bride's and groom's first names and wedding date using a computer. Print a test sample. Text should fit in a space approximately 1/2 x 4 inches. When satisfied, print the text on scrapbook paper.
4. Use the small decorative-edge scissors to trim the printed sheet into two text strips, cutting a V at one end of each strip. Glue the text strips on the tube.
5. Make a bow at the center of the ribbon and glue the bow to the tube, covering the ends of the text strips. Insert a small bag of candy or a tiny gift into the tube.