Country Candy Container
Place delicious candies in this beautiful candy container.
What You Need:
Scissors: straight-edge; medium and large scallop-edge
1/8-inch hole punch
18-inch length of 1-5/8-inch-wide pink crepe paper
Sewing thread and needle
8-1/2 x 11-inch sheet of coordinating scrapbook paper
30-inch length of 1/2-inch-wide silk ribbon
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
Country Candy Container
2. Trace the container pattern onto tracing paper, and enlarge 200 percent. Cut out the pattern. Trace the pattern onto the back of the wallpaper. Cut on the traced lines, using the medium scallop-edge scissors to trim all edges of the front flap and the long edge of the back. Use the hole punch to make holes in the flaps where indicated on the pattern. Fold the container along fold lines; finger-crease each fold. Cut a 10-inch length of ribbon. Tie a loose knot at the center. Overlap the side/back flap with the back scalloped edge. Tuck the ribbon knot into the bottom of the container and glue the overlapped area.
3. Trim one edge of the crepe paper with the large scallop-edge scissors. Use sewing thread to sew running stitches along the opposite long edge. Pull the thread ends to gather the crepe paper length into a circle. Glue the gathered area of the crepe paper to the front of the container so the crepe paper circle is about 2 inches from the top of the container.
4. Cut a 1-3/4 x 8-inch strip of wallpaper. Trim one long edge of the strip with the large scallop-edge scissors. Use the hole punch to make a hole centered in each scallop. Beginning at a short edge of the paper, make accordion-style pleats at the center and edge of every scallop across the paper; finger-crease each pleat. Sew through the pleated paper at the straight long edge with sewing thread, pulling the thread tight to create the center of the flower. Glue the short edges of the pleated paper together, forming a circle. Glue the fan flower centered on the crepe paper circle.
5. Cut a 1-1/4 x 4-inch rectangle of scrapbook paper. Trim the long edges with the medium scallop-edge scissors. Beginning with a short edge, make accordion-style pleats every other scallop across the paper; finger-crease each pleat. Tie string around the center of the pleated paper. Pull the straight edges of the pleated paper together, forming a circle; glue in place. Apply a drop of glue to the center front of the scrapbook flower and sprinkle with silver glitter. Shake off the excess glitter and let the glue dry. Center and glue the scrapbook flower on the wallpaper flower.
6. For the hanging loop and to close the container, use a 20-inch length of ribbon. Fold in the side flaps. Working from the wrong side of the front and back cone flaps, thread the ribbon ends first through the holes in the back flap and then through the holes in the front flap. Loosely knot the ribbon ends to form the hanging loop.
- Paper Cracker Project
- String of Paper Petals
- Lasting Lilies
- Country Confetti Cone
- Country Bouquet Holder
- Country Candy Container
- Easter Basket
- Decoupage Candle Holder
- Bouquets: Astrantia and Calla Lilies
- Pink & Poppy : Crepe-Paper
- Favor Centerpieces: Fancy Candy
- Crepe-Paper Flowers
- Hand-Wired Bouquets: Roses and Hyacinths
- Teacup Lights
- Pink and Brown: Elegant and Easy Favors
- Glittered Cabbage Bowl
- Ribbon Crafts
- Leaf Notions
- Strawberry Pincushions
- Envelope Sachets
- Ribbon-Flower Bautonniere
- Paper Pew Wreath
- Paper Peonies
- Cups of Plenty
- Napkin-Folded Pillow Cases
- Table Decorations: Cinnamon Candle
- Pinecone Gift Cards
- Chrysanthemum Pillow Covers
- Stamped-Bag Favors
- Almond Baskets
- ▼ August (31)