Custom Search

Wedding Announcement

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cardstock Bag

I stamped the linear images from Spiral Bouquet using white craft ink from SU!, creating my own patterned paper to work with.










Here is a close-up of one portion of the paper.












I decided to add some sparkle to go along with the theme of my project. I added small dots of glitter in a few choice areas with my Stardust pen.












To form the box, I cut my cardstock down to 8.5 x 7.5 inches. I scored the cardstock @ 2,4,6 & 8 inch points along the 8.5-inch side using my ScorPal, which made it SO easy.










I then flipped the cardstock around and created one 2-inch score on the 7.5-inch side.

















Using scissors, I snipped the score lines up until the 2-inch scoreline, removing the far corner completely. This creates four equal flaps for the bottom of the "box".I applied tacky tape in the appropriate areas for box assembly.







I then trimmed the top edge of my box with some scalloped scissors ($2 from Hobby Lobby! Gotta love a bargain!)











I then applied tacky tape to a a few choice tabs in order to assemble the box.











After assembling my box, I added a cardstock handle by attaching it to the sides of the box with rhinestone brads from Making Memories. (My handle measured 7 x 0.5 inches)












For the front of the box, I created a label that makes this box a perfect favor for a Bridal Shower. I love the addition of the rhinestone stickers. I think it is the perfect finishing touch for this type of theme.












~ Special thanx to nicholeheady.typepad.com ~

Blinkie Graphics Generator at TextSpace.net

No comments:

Labels