Custom Search

Wedding Announcement

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Wedding Door Gifts

I'm confused of what to give to the guests & wheather i should buy ready made door gifts or make it on my own?I'm thinking of making it by myself as i really really want to cut my budget BUT i don't know what are the suitable things to give?I've surveyed a few items at various wedding stop center including mydin shopping complex BUT it is too pricey.I don't think i can afford it as our budget was so limited.
BUT today,i've found an easy & cheap way to wrap the gifts.I don't know wheather other people here in malaysia made it or not but for me,it's quite interesting & different.

Pumpkin Treat Bags How-To
Fill orange mini craft bags with candy. Twist the top of the bag up into a stem. Pull floral tape off roll and stretch it so it becomes sticky. Wrap floral tape around stem, starting at the top and moving downward. Rip off take, leaving 3 to 4 extra inches hanging on the bottom. Twist extra tape into tendril, wrapping it around finger until it curls.

Tools and Materials;
- BoxRice paper
- Scissors
- Glue stick
- Dresden strip
- Tissue paper
- Dresden star, for rosette (optional)
- Glue gun, for rosette (optional)



Gift Bag How-To
1. Select a box to be the bottom of the bag.
2. Cut rice paper to the circumference of the box plus 3 inches, and the height of finished bag plus 3 inches.
3. Fold top down 2 inches and glue.
4. With paper right side down, apply glue stick to the bottom 2 inches of the paper and 1 inch along the right side of the paper.
5. Place box on its side, 1 inch from the bottom of the paper.
6. Wrap paper around box, overlapping and gluing in place.
7. Fold paper over and glue in place at bottom.
8. Apply glue stick to the top and bottom of the trim paper; glue in place, with both papers lined up at the bottom.
9. Glue Dresden strip along top of trim paper.
10. Cut a rectangle of paper to cover bottom of box.
11. Place gift inside and cover with tissue paper.
12. Bring center top of bag together and staple.

Rosette How-To
1. Take a 2-inch strip of paper accordion (folded like a fan). Staple in the center.
2. Spread open and glue the ends together to make a circle.
3. Glue a Dresden star to the center of the rosette. With hot glue, glue rosette to the front of the box.
I think the both gift bags are very nice & easy to make.I'll think of the idea but still it hasn't solve my problem;what am i gonna put inside the bag?kwang,kwang,kwang............

Blinkie Graphics Generator at TextSpace.net

No comments:

Labels